My Official Websites.

Friday, October 17, 2014

MTO: Magna Carta Costume



Hey guys! I wanted to share to you my old MTO costume! :3
It’s one of the cosplays of Cosplay Goddess of the Philippines. And also one of my inspirations! Cosplayed by Miss Alodia Gosengfiao
Soooo lets start! :3

So here’s how it looks like! :3



Character: Pink Hair Kimono Girl 
Anime/Game: Magna Carta

Okay! Lets start of how the over look is!

It’s actually one of those complicated kimono’s that I had to do because some of them aren’t even like the sleeves. 


Fabrics:

  • Katrina
  • Satin 

As you can see I’ve used Dirty white satin rather than using the plain white ones. The dirty satin fabric had the more “old” style effect for a kimono and it’s the same color as the one used in the character. 


 

And this is how it looks like at the back :3
I managed to stop the Katrina fabric mid way in the waist line because of the props. (the flower like props)  


 
I had the front view in to a V shape because of the character’s cleavage. Used Katrina Fabric on it with lining. 

(Trust me, I didn’t want to cosplay this either but this was soothed for the theme that I had in the photoshoot that time. And I got HELL of a sermon from my boyfriend XD)



 
I had problems with the waistline due to the lack of fabrics that I bought :< SADS HAHA
But I just had some triple lining in it to make an effect that It had tons of fabrics and layers in it. It’s an old trick for us tailors in case we make mistakes. 

I've used Pink Katrina Fabric for the waist part and also some extra ones for the "rope effect" for the kimono


OKAY! Here’s the tricky part! The sleeves! In the right arm, we have a long sleeves with some double linings found on the wrist part of the sleeves.
 I have used Satin Fabric in both of the sleeves and the double linings (front and back). 

 

Here is the close up for the wrists or end of the sleeves.
Which is BACK TO BACK. 


And here’s how the sleeves look like on the left side :3   

Here are some of the samples that I had during the shoot ^.^ 


 This was shot in Delica, Japanese Restaurant here in Albay, Bicol :3 



MORE MTO'S TO COME! :3 

No comments:

Post a Comment